If you are interested in the Bible and Theology Newman University offers a wide a variety of modules to suit your interests and requirements; full and part-time at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Newman is ranked fourth in the UK for teaching in Theology and Religious Studies in the 2015 National Student Survey
Studying the Bible at Newman could find you doing any of these (and a whole lot more):
- practically working through and applying critical methods and approaches to the study of the Bible.
- Exploring and navigating the world of the first followers of Jesus and the challenges, dangers and opportunities they faced.
- Investigating the ways in which the Bible functions in different faith and non-faith communities.
- Exploring the ancient non-biblical texts that inform Christianity and Judaism today.
- Creating your very own translation of a biblical text.
- Conducting your own piece of substantial research into how the Bible is used in a current debate today.
Whatever you do, we can guarantee that you will gain a deeper and richer appreciation of the Bible as text and artefact and its place in ancient and contemporary culture.
3 years full-time
4.5 years part-time (for further information on part-time course combinations available click here)
1 year (flexible) part-time, blended learning
2-3 years part-time Blended Learning
1 year full-time
2 years part-time
1 year part-time