If you are interested in the Bible and Theology Newman University offers you a range of programmes to suit your needs. Our innovative, outward-facing, Theology and Philosophy BA(hons) (also available with Foundation Year) provides you with an excellent foundation of subject knowledge taught by research-active staff. Its creative use of assessment types then offers you the opportunity to take more control over your learning and make it applicable to the world in which you live. This makes the degree highly attractive to students and potential employers.
Studying the Bible at Newman could find you doing any of these (and a whole lot more):
- practically working through and applying critical methods and approaches to the study of the Bible.
- Exploring and navigating the world of the first followers of Jesus and the challenges, dangers and opportunities they faced.
- Investigating the ways in which the Bible functions in different faith and non-faith communities.
- Exploring the ancient non-biblical texts that inform Christianity and Judaism today.
- Creating your very own translation of a biblical text.
- Conducting your own piece of substantial research into how the Bible is used in a current debate today.
Whatever you do, we can guarantee that you will gain a deeper and richer appreciation of the Bible as text and artefact and its place in ancient and contemporary culture.
3 years full-time
4.5 years part-time (for further information on part-time course combinations available click here)
1 year (flexible) part-time, blended learning
2-3 years part-time Blended Learning
1 year full-time
2 years part-time
1 year part-time