Newman University is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications for Masters Degree Studentships in 2015 and will be awarding thirteen £10,000 Studentships for new Masters Degree students.
The studentships will be run on a competitive basis to enhance recruitment of suitably qualified students to Newman’s taught postgraduate degrees. The studentships are aimed at student groups under represented on Masters degrees.
The studentships are part-funded by Hefce, whose eligibility criteria are:
- Students must have paid the higher fees (i.e. 2012/13 starters) and must be this year’s graduates.
- The studentships are only for a Masters course [i.e. not PGCE/PG Cert or PG Dip] starting in autumn 2015, either a full time one year course or a part time course completed over two years.
- Must be classed as a Home student by the Student Loans Company, and the student must be domiciled in the UK or EU.
Newman eligibility criteria, which also need to be met, are:
- The applicant should already be accepted onto an eligible Masters degree at Newman
- The applicant must achieve a degree classification of 2(i) or higher .
- One or more of the following (if requested, proof must be supplied):
- less than £25,000 household income
- status as a care leaver or carer
- receipt of benefits
- resident in Bartley Green
- first generation of family to attend University
- All course fees will be deducted from the grant in advance of any payment of the remainder of the £10K grant to successful students
- Full fees will be charged, which is to say that the grant cannot be combined with any course fee reduction (e.g. 10% alumnus discount)
- The grant, minus fees, will be paid over the 10 months of the academic year (starting October) for the duration of the course (over 1 academic year for full-time registrations, and over 2 academic years for part-time registrations).
Please note the following:
- All decisions made by Newman will be final.
- Newman reserves the right to withdraw scholarships if, in the opinion of the University, the student has behaved in a way which could damage the reputation of the institution, or fail to remain in good standing with the University.
- If any award is discovered to have been obtained through the presentation of inaccurate information the student will be required to repay any scholarship received.
- The continuation of the monthly payments is dependent on satisfactory academic progress.
Applicants who meet a higher number of eligibility criteria may be prioritised. A brief application form will be made available on the Postgraduate Fees and Bursaries webpage
NB: This is a one year scheme. Hefce will be introducing government backed postgraduate student loans in 2016.
One thought on “Newman University offering 13 Masters Studentships (UK/EU based)”
Reblogged this on Talmidimblogging.